Copper Sulfate is used in aquariums, ponds, and
pools as an algaecide and also as a treatment for parasitic bacterial infections
in fish. The same properties that allow it to work in these roles make it
perfect for use as a biocide in PC water cooling. It functions similarly to
silver, in that it interrupts the metabolic processes of bacteria and algae. In
fact, some hospitals use a combination of the two, in copper-silver ionization,
to ensure the sterility of their water source. Copper Sulfate in it's crystal
form is blue in color and this is were the slight blue tint comes from.
Dead-Water is very powerful, and should be used
sparingly, at 1-2 drops per liter. It can be used alone, or as extra insurance
against growth in conjunction with silver killcoils in Pure-silver or other
In the concentrations present, the copper sulfate in Dead-Water it is reasonably
safe, but care should still be taken when handling as it can be a skin irritant.
Deadwater should not be ingested, and should be stored away from children. Once
diluted into your loop, it is much safer, and poses very mild health hazards.
Warning: May cause skin irritation . Do not ingest. Keep away from
||5% Copper Sulfate DI Water