ASUS Republic of Gamers Strix TRX40-E Gaming TRX4 ATX Motherboard
Take your gaming to the next level with the ASUS ROG Strix TRX40-E Gaming TRX4 ATX Motherboard. Powered by the AMD TRX40 chipset, this motherboard supports third-generation AMD Ryzen Threadripper processors with the TRX4 socket for high-end video games and content creation. The chipset takes full advantage of the large PCIe 4.0 data bandwidth to handle demanding tasks such as 4K live streaming, video editing, and gaming at high settings.
Take your gaming to the next level with the ASUS ROG Strix TRX40-E Gaming TRX4 ATX Motherboard. Powered by the AMD TRX40 chipset, this motherboard supports third-generation AMD Ryzen Threadripper processors with the TRX4 socket for high-end video games and content creation. The chipset takes full advantage of the large PCIe 4.0 data bandwidth to handle demanding tasks such as 4K live streaming, video editing, and gaming at high settings. Up to 256GB of quad-channel ECC DDR4 RAM, reaching 4666+ MHz when overclocked, can be installed across eight memory slots to improve the system's multitasking capabilities and speed. The ATX motherboard also features advanced cooling and supports up to three M.2 SSDs and eight SATA III storage drives, which can be put into RAID 0, 1, or 10 configuration. Its three PCIe 4.0 x16 slots can accommodate 2-way NVIDIA SLI or AMD CrossFireX configurations to maximize your system's frame rates at high resolutions while an additional PCIe 4.0 x4 slot is available for compatible devices. Other features include addressable Gen 2 Aura Sync RGB lighting headers, SupremeFX S1220 8-channel audio, a 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet port, and more.
AMD TRX40 Chipset
- ProCool II Connectors: The EPS 12V power connector features a reinforced metal construction for better heat dissipation.
- M.2 Heatsink: Two M.2 slots are covered by large heatsinks to help prevent speed throttling when the SSDs become too hot.
- Premium Chokes and Caps: This motherboard's chokes and caps are engineered to resist extreme temperatures.
- VRM Heatsink: The motherboard features a large voltage-regulator module (VRM) heatsink with a built-in fan and thermal pads to quickly transfer heat away from sensitive components.
- SoC VRM Heatsink: A heatsink is located in the pathway of the chipset fan's airflow, which helps keep components cool when the memory is overclocked.
- Active Chipset Heatsink: A heatsink and fan combination that helps to cool the chipset and avoid throttling during sustained data transfers.
- Header Protection: Each of the motherboard's headers can dynamically reference three thermal sensors and dedicated circuits protect the fan headers from overheating.
Storage and Memory
- Three PCIe 4.0 M.2 slots are available, supporting up to type 22110 NVMe SSDs.
- Eight SATA III ports are available for hard drives and 2.5" SSDs.
- Supports RAID 0, 1, and 10.
- Up to 256GB of quad-channel DDR4-4666+ (OC) memory can be installed across eight slots.
- The RAMCache III utility can automatically caches all your storage devices so that games and apps load faster.
NVIDIA SLI and AMD CrossFireX Support
- 16 Power Stages: Prime TRX40-Pro's voltage-regulator module (VRM) has 16 power stages to efficiently deliver power to the AMD Threadripper processor.
- Wi-Fi 6: The 802.11ax Wi-Fi adapter is designed to deliver efficient wireless connectivity for gaming, entertainment, fast file transfers, and more.
- 2.5G Ethernet: This Ethernet port offers increased bandwidth compared to standard Gigabit connectors using existing cables and a compatible router. It helps provide fast file transfers and smooth gaming experiences.
- LANGuard: This technology improves the tradition Ethernet port by protecting it against surges, providing a cleaner data signal, and reducing the chance of errors without taking up CPU resources.
- TPU Insight: The TurboV Processing Unit (TPU) is an onboard micro-controller that helps to provide a variety of system-tuning features. It can be used to fine-tune voltages, monitor system stats, and adjust overclocking parameters.
- EPU Guidance: The Energy Processing Unit (EPU) optimizes power consumption to maximize savings in Away mode, which shuts down I/O controllers.
- Fan Xpert 4: Manually or automatically control the speed of your fans to find a balance of cooling performance and noise. Extreme Quiet mode reduces fan speeds to below the default minimum to keep your system quiet during light tasks.
- Digi+ VRM Control: The Digi+ voltage-regulator module (VRM) allows direct control over voltages, the switching frequency, and power-efficiency settings to fine-tune the CPU voltage regulation for stability and performance.
- Turbo App: A utility that allows you to customize the computer system's performance for individual applications.
- GameFirst V: A network customization tool for ROG routers that lets you select the best Wi-Fi channel to optimize data traffic, helping to ensure stability with minimal interference.
- The integrated SupremeFX S1220 audio technology is designed to deliver a flat frequency response for detailed sound with 7.1-channel playback.
- 32-Bit / 192 kHz playback support.
- 120 dB stereo output signal-to-noise ratio.
- 108 dB input signal-to-noise ratio.
- Electromagnetic shielding protects against interference from nearby components for cleaner-sounding audio.
- Two onboard amplifiers push sound out to your headphones or speakers with a 32-600Ω impedance.
- Nichicon capacitors are designed to produce a warm, natural sound with high clarity.
- The Sonic Studio III software allows you to customize EQ profiles across different audio devices and applications.
- The DTS: Sound Unbound app works with Windows Sonic technology to deliver spatial sound to headsets, immersing you into virtual environments and entertainment.
- Pre-Mounted I/O Shield: A design feature that streamlines the motherboard installation process.
- BIOS FlashBack: The BIOS can be updated by copying the BIOS file onto a FAT32-formatted USB stick, inserting it into the designated port, and pressing the FlashBack button. Updates may be performed without a CPU or memory installed.
- SafeSlot: These strong PCIe slots increase retention force and shearing resistance when installing components.
- FlexKey: With this feature, the front panel reset button can be customized to perform different functions. They include accessing Aura lighting controls, booting into Windows safe mode, and more.
- ESD Guard: Electrostatic protection covers the USB, audio, and LAN ports.
- Q-LED: Onboard LED lights indicate the power status and problems with the CPU, memory, graphics card, or boot device.
- Q-Slot: A side lock that allows you to quickly install and secure a graphics card.
- Q-DIMM: One-sided locks for quickly securing or removing memory modules.
Aura Sync RGB Lighting
ASUS Strix TRX40 Specs
|USB||7 x USB 3.1 / USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A
1 x USB 3.1 / USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C
4 x USB 2.0 Type-A
|Audio||5 x 3.5 mm
1 x S/PDIF
|Ethernet / Controller||1 x Realtek RTL8125-CG 2.5Gigabit
1 x Intel I211-AT Gigabit
|Wi-Fi Antenna||2 x Connector|
|Memory Slots||8 x 288-Pin|
|Memory Support||DDR4 2133, 2400, 2666, 2800, 2933, 3000, 3200, 3400, 3466, 3600, 3733, 3800, 3866, 4000, 4133, 4266, 4333, 4400, 4600, 4666 MHz|
|Maximum Capacity||256 GB|
|Channel Architecture||Quad Channel|
|ECC Support||Non-ECC, ECC Unbuffered|
|SATA||8 x SATA III|
|M.2||2 x M Key 2242, 2260, 2280, 22110 (PCIe 4.0 x4)
1 x M Key 2242, 2260, 2280, 22110 (PCIe 2.0 x4, SATA (Unspecified))
|Optane Memory Support||No|
|RAID Support||RAID 0, 1, 10|
|Expansion Slots||3 x PCIe 4.0 x16 (x16 mode)
1 x PCIe 4.0 x4 (x4 mode)
|USB||2 x USB 3.1 / USB 3.2 Gen 1 Header (Supports 4 USB Type-A Port)
2 x USB 2.0 Header (Supports 4 USB Type-A Port)
|Multi-GPU Support||2-Way NVIDIA SLI
2-Way AMD CrossFireX
|Air Cooling||1 x 4-Pin CPU
4 x 4-Pin Assistant
3 x 4-Pin System
1 x Thermal Sensor
|Liquid Cooling||2 x 4-Pin Pump|
|Power Connectors||1 x 24-Pin Mainboard
2 x 8-Pin CPU
|LED Header||4 x RGB|
|Audio||1 x Speaker|
|Diagnostics||Clear CMOS, Power|
|Add-On||1 x NODE Connector|
|I/O Connection Headers||AAFP, USB 3.1 / USB 3.2 Gen 2|
|Audio Codec||SupremeFX S1220 (8-Channel)|
|Wi-Fi||Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) (MU-MIMO)|
|Supported Operating Systems||Windows 10 (64-Bit)|
|Dimensions||12.01 x 9.61" / 30.5 x 24.4 cm|
|Package Weight||5.385 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||13.6 x 10.9 x 3.1"|