ASUS Republic of Gamers Strix Z490-G Gaming Wi-Fi LGA 1200 Micro-ATX Motherboard
Take your gaming experience to the next level with the ASUS ROG Strix Z490-G Gaming Wi-Fi LGA 1200 Micro-ATX Motherboard. Designed for gamers, enthusiasts, and content creators who want to pack a ton of power into a compact system, this micro-ATX motherboard is powered by the Intel Z490 chipset and supports 10th generation Intel processors with the LGA 1200 socket. It takes full advantage of the PCIe 3.0 data bandwidth to deliver high performance for tasks such as video editing. Up to 128GB of dual-channel DDR4 RAM, reaching 4600 MHz when overclocked, can be installed across four memory slots.
Take your gaming experience to the next level with the ASUS ROG Strix Z490-G Gaming Wi-Fi LGA 1200 Micro-ATX Motherboard. Designed for gamers, enthusiasts, and content creators who want to pack a ton of power into a compact system, this micro-ATX motherboard is powered by the Intel Z490 chipset and supports 10th generation Intel processors with the LGA 1200 socket. It takes full advantage of the PCIe 3.0 data bandwidth to deliver high performance for tasks such as video editing. Up to 128GB of dual-channel DDR4 RAM, reaching 4600 MHz when overclocked, can be installed across four memory slots. The motherboard also features advanced cooling and supports up to two M.2 SSDs and six SATA III storage drives, which can be put into RAID 0, 1, 5, or 10 configuration and enhanced with Intel Optane technology. Its PCIe 3.0 x16 slot supports a dedicated graphics card, which can be used alongside the PCIe 3.0 x4 slot for a 2-Way AMD CrossFireX configuration to maximize frame rates, connect 4K monitors, and for faster video rendering times. Alternatively, the built-in DisplayPort and HDMI ports allow you to take advantage of integrated CPU graphics. An additional PCIe 3.0 x1 slot is available for compatible expansion cards.
The USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A and Type-C ports allow you to transfer data from compatible peripherals at up to 10 Gb/s. Other features include a fast 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet port and built-in 802.11ax Wi-Fi that can reach speeds of up to 2.4 Gb/s over compatible wireless networks. The ROG Strix Z490-G Gaming also delivers deep and immersive 7.1-channel surround sound through the SupremeFX S1220A audio codec. You can customize your computing experience using the addressable RGB headers to connect light strips, which can be synced with other Aura Sync-compatible peripherals such as mice and keyboards. Windows 10 64-bit is required to take advantage of all the motherboard's features.
The USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A and Type-C ports allow you to transfer data from compatible peripherals at up to 10 Gb/s. Other features include a fast 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet port and a slot to install an M.2 Wi-Fi module. The ROG Strix Z490-H Gaming also delivers deep and immersive 7.1-channel surround sound through the SupremeFX S1220A audio codec. You can customize your computing experience using the addressable RGB headers to connect light strips, which can be synced with other Aura Sync-compatible peripherals such as mice and keyboards. Windows 10 64-bit is required to take advantage of all the motherboard's features.
Storage and Memory
- Two PCIe 4.0 M.2 slots are available, supporting up to type 22110 SATA and NVMe SSDs.
- Six SATA III ports are available for hard drives and 2.5" SSDs.
- Supports RAID 0, 1, 5, and 10.
- Intel Optane modules are supported, which enhance mechanical disk drives by caching frequently accessed data.
- Up to 128GB of dual-channel DDR4-4600 (OC) memory can be installed across four slots.
- The RAMCache III utility can automatically caches all your storage devices so that games and apps load faster.
- OptiMem II technology enhances memory stability and compatibility.
- The ROG Strix Z490-G Gaming Wi-Fi includes 12+2 power stages to efficiently deliver power to the processor and other critical components.
- The Digi+ voltage-regulator module (VRM) helps to ensure smooth and clean power delivery. It also allows for direct control over voltages, the switching frequency, and power-efficiency settings to fine-tune the CPU voltage regulation for stability and performance.
- Quality chokes and durable capacitors help to deliver strong electrical performance.
- The TurboV Processing Unit (TPU) onboard micro-controller that helps to provide a variety of system-tuning features. It can be used to fine-tune voltages, monitor system stats, and adjust overclocking parameters.
- The Energy Processing Unit (EPU) optimizes power consumption to maximize savings in Away mode, which shuts down I/O controllers.
- Turbo App utility allows you to customize the computer system's performance for individual applications.
- The MOS heatsink and thermal pad help to efficiently transfer heat away from the motherboard's electrical systems.
- The M.2 slots are covered by a large heatsink to help prevent speed throttling when the SSDs become too hot.
- Artificial intelligence monitors system temperatures and loads to automatically set fan speeds, which optimizes cooling while keeping noise to a minimum.
- Fan Xpert 4: Manually or automatically control the speed of your fans to find a balance of cooling performance and noise. Extreme Quiet mode reduces fan speeds to below the default minimum to keep your system quiet during light tasks.
AMD CrossFireX Support
- A 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet port provides a fast wired connection with compatible devices.
- The built-in 802.11ax Wi-Fi can transfer data at up to 2.4 Gb/s over compatible wireless networks.
- LANGuard technology improves the tradition Ethernet port by protecting it against surges, providing a cleaner data signal, and reducing the chance of errors without taking up CPU resources.
- The GameFirst VI network customization tool for ROG routers uses AI-enhanced features that allow you to analyze, optimize, and boost network data traffic to help ensure stability with minimal interference.
USB 3.2 Gen 2
- The pre-mounted I/O shield streamlines the motherboard installation process.
- With the BIOS FlashBack feature, the BIOS can be updated by copying the BIOS file onto a FAT32-formatted USB stick, inserting it into the designated port, and pressing the FlashBack button. Updates may be performed without a CPU or memory installed.
- SafeSlot technology reinforces the PCIe slots to provide strong device retention and shearing resistance.
- Q-LED: Onboard LED lights indicate the power status and problems with the CPU, memory, graphics card, or boot device.
- The ROG AI Overclocking utility helps you get the most out of your build by automatically profiling your CPU and cooling system to predict optimal voltage and frequency settings.
- The integrated SupremeFX S1220A audio technology is designed to deliver a flat frequency response for detailed sound with 7.1-channel playback.
- 32-Bit / 192 kHz playback support.
- 120 dB stereo output signal-to-noise ratio.
- 113 dB input signal-to-noise ratio.
- Electromagnetic shielding protects against interference from nearby components for cleaner-sounding audio.
- Two onboard amplifiers push sound out to your headphones or speakers with a 32-600 ohms impedance.
- Nichicon capacitors are designed to produce a warm, natural sound with high clarity.
- Gold plated audio jacks enhance audio quality and performance
- Audio jacks are LED illuminated to make them easier to find in darkened spaces.
- The Sonic Studio III software allows you to customize EQ profiles across different audio devices and applications.
- The DTS: Sound Unbound app works with Windows Sonic technology to deliver spatial sound to headsets, immersing you into virtual environments and entertainment.
Aura Sync RGB Lighting
ASUS Z490-G Specs
|CPU Socket||LGA 1200|
|USB||1 x USB 3.1 / USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A
1 x USB 3.1 / USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C
4 x USB 3.1 / USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A
2 x USB 2.0 Type-A
|Display||1 x DisplayPort 1.4Output
1 x HDMI 1.4bOutput
|Audio||5 x 3.5 mm
1 x S/PDIF
|Ethernet / Controller||1 x Intel I225-V 2.5Gigabit|
|Wi-Fi Antenna||2 x Connector|
|Memory Slots||4 x 288-Pin|
|Memory Support||DDR4 2133, 2400, 2666, 2800, 2933, 3000, 3200, 3333, 3400, 3466, 3600, 3733, 3866, 4000, 4133, 4266, 4400, 4500, 4600 MHz|
|Maximum Capacity||128 GB|
|Channel Architecture||Dual Channel|
|ECC Support||Non-ECC Unbuffered|
|SATA||6 x SATA III|
|M.2||1 x M Key 2242, 2260, 2280, 22110 (PCIe 3.0 x4)
1 x M Key 2242, 2260, 2280 (PCIe 3.0 x4, SATA (Unspecified))
|Optane Memory Support||Yes|
|RAID Support||RAID 0, 1, 5, 10|
|Expansion Slots||1 x PCIe 3.0 x16 (x16 mode)
1 x PCIe 3.0 x4 (x2 mode)
1 x PCIe 3.0 x1
|USB||1 x USB 3.1 / USB 3.2 Gen 2 Header (Supports 1 USB Type-C Port)
1 x USB 3.1 / USB 3.2 Gen 1 Header (Supports 2 USB Type-A Port)
2 x USB 2.0 Header (Supports 4 USB Type-A Port)
|Multi-GPU Support||2-Way AMD CrossFireX|
|Air Cooling||1 x 4-Pin CPU
2 x 4-Pin Assistant
2 x 4-Pin System
1 x Thermal Sensor
|Liquid Cooling||1 x 4-Pin Pump|
|Power Connectors||1 x 24-Pin Mainboard
1 x 8-Pin ATX
1 x 4-Pin ATX
|LED Header||4 x RGB|
|Diagnostics||Clear CMOS, CPU Overclock, Flash BIOS|
|I/O Connection Headers||AAFP, USB 3.1 / USB 3.2 Gen 1, USB 3.1 / USB 3.2 Gen 2|
|Audio Codec||SupremeFX S1220A (7.1-Channel)|
|Wi-Fi||Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) (MU-MIMO)|
|Module Support||1 E Key M.2|
|Supported Operating Systems||Windows 10 (64-Bit)|
|Dimensions||9.61 x 9.61" / 24.4 x 24.4 cm|
|Package Weight||3.775 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||11.1 x 10.5 x 2.9"|