- TOP PLATE: Crack-proof cast acrylic from Plexiglas® or Röchling-brand acetal
- COLD PLATE: US-sourced premium C110-grade copper, guaranteed ASTM B187 spec
- COLD PLATE FINISH: Raw copper or electroless nickel
- BRACKET: US-sourced machined 6061 aluminum, satin hard anodized
- O-RINGS: US-made plasticizer-free EPDM o-rings
- SCREWS: US-made 18-8 stainless steel or black oxide over stainless steel mounting screws, stainless steel cold plate screws
- MOUNTING: Optimus-made CNCed stainless steel posts and 6061 thumbscrews
- LOOP MATERIALS: Designed for copper loops (the standard in liquid cooling)
- MOUNTING: All Threadripper motherboards (TRX40 & SP3)
- COOLING: Compatible with all Threadripper CPUs including 64 core
- MODULAR: Modular design for swapping mounting plates, cold plates and tops
In The Box
- 1 x Absolute Threadripper CPU Block
- 4 x Optimus CNC Mounting Posts
- 4 x Optimus CNC Thumb Screws
- 1 x Thermal paste syringe
- 1 x Installation instructions
- COPPER VS NICKEL COLD PLATE? Choose raw copper for highest theoretical performance (depends on overclocking and overall system). Choose nickel for aesthetics and/or liquid metal compatibility
- ACRYLIC VS ACETAL? Our cast acrylic is actually far stronger than acetal, the traditional professional choice. Acetal won't ever crack, but it's soft and will deform with pressure and easily scratch. Our cast acrylic will survive far more abuse than acetal. So for all users, acrylic is recommended, unless you want the black look.
- LIQUID METAL? BARE DIE?Go for it! Remember, liquid metal will etch copper immediately, though some builders like the performance of pure copper. Liquid metal will discolor nickel, but etching will take far longer. In both cases, performance of the cold plate won't be effected.
- THERMAL PASTE? We include US-made Ceramique thermal paste. However, numerous thermal pastes are also excellent. Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut and Arctic MX4 2019 are two of the highest performance we have tested.
- FLOW DIRECTION? Fluid needs to flow in a specific direction -- center of fins and then out. On acrylic blocks, the "in" is connected to the center channel. On acetal blocks, the "out" shows the fins inside, while the fins can't be seen on the "in" port.
- FLUSHING?All Optimus products have already been cleaned before shipping. You'll only need to flush your radiators and non-Optimus products. In fact, heavy system prep chemicals can be detrimental if they remain in small quantities in your loop. This can easily happen with fluid pressurized into o-ring grooves through heating.
- CLEANING? Microfiber is your friend. Dish soap and water is ideal for our products. Always use microfiber glass cloths to prevent any scratches, especially on cold plates. Do not scrub, simply hand rinse. Isopropyl alcohol is not needed and can cause discoloration.
- COPPER OXIDATION? Copper will immediately begin to oxidize (turn brown) when exposed to air. This is normal and expected and won't affect performance unless the oxidization is extreme, like the statue of liberty. But you're not leaving your blocks out by the ocean, are you?