Gigabyte Z490 AORUS ULTRA LGA 1200 ATX Motherboard
Take your gaming experience to the next level with the Gigabyte Z490 AORUS ULTRA LGA 1200 ATX Motherboard. Designed for gamers, enthusiasts, and content creators, this motherboard is powered by the Intel Z490 chipset and supports 10th generation Intel processors with the LGA 1200 socket. It takes full advantage of the PCIe 3.0 data bandwidth to deliver high performance for tasks such 3D rendering, video editing, and more.
Take your gaming experience to the next level with the Gigabyte Z490 AORUS ULTRA LGA 1200 ATX Motherboard. Designed for gamers, enthusiasts, and content creators, this motherboard is powered by the Intel Z490 chipset and supports 10th generation Intel processors with the LGA 1200 socket. It takes full advantage of the PCIe 3.0 data bandwidth to deliver high performance for tasks such 3D rendering, video editing, and more. Up to 128GB of dual-channel DDR4 RAM, reaching 5000 MHz when overclocked, can be installed across four memory slots. The ATX motherboard also features advanced cooling and supports up to three M.2 SSDs and six SATA III storage drives, which can be put into RAID 0, 1, 5, or 10 configuration. Its three PCIe 3.0 x16 slots are designed to support PCIe 4.0 CPUs and can accommodate 2-Way and Quad-GPU NVIDIA SLI and AMD CrossFireX configurations to maximize your system's graphical capabilities for high frame rates, connecting 4K and 8K monitors, and faster video rendering times. Alternatively, the built-in HDMI port allows you to take advantage of integrated CPU graphics. Additionally, two Thunderbolt 3 headers are available for compatible expansion cards.
The USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A and Type-C ports allow you to transfer data from compatible peripherals at up to 10 Gb/s. Enjoy fast network connections using the 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet port and built-in 802.11ax Wi-fi, which can wirelessly transfer data at up to 2.4 Gb/s with compatible devices. The Z490 AORUS ULTRA also delivers vibrant DTS:X Ultra 7.1-channel surround sound Realtek ALC1220-VB audio codec. You can customize your computing experience using the addressable RGB headers to connect light strips, which can be synced with other Gigabyte RGB Fusion 2.0-compatible peripherals such as mice and keyboards using the desktop software or mobile app. Windows 10 64-bit is required to take advantage of all the motherboard's features.
- The Gigabyte Fins-Array II heatsink, extra-large heatpipe, and thick thermal pad work to deliver lower MOSFET temperatures.
- A NanoCarbon is coated onto the heatsink through electrostatic adhesion to enhance thermal radiation.
- Double-sided thermal guards help to quickly dissipate heat from the M.2 solid-state drives to avoid speed throttling.
- Smart Fan 5 allows users to interchange fan headers to correspond with the thermal sensors located across the motherboard so that the system stays cool while maintaining a high level of performance for games and other demanding applications.
- Fan Stop lets you to take control of your computer's noise level by allowing specified fans to halt when the system drops to a designated temperature level. These settings may be customized according to your preferences.
- Hybrid Fan Headers automatically detect the connected liquid- or air-cooling systems, enabling Smart Fan 5 to monitor information such as flow-rate.
Storage and Memory
- Three M.2 slots are available, supporting up to type 22110 SATA and PCIe NVMe SSDs.
- Six SATA III headers are available for hard drives and 2.5" SSDs.
- RAID 0, 1, 5, and 10 configurations are supported.
- Intel Optane memory modules are supported, which enhance mechanical disk drives by caching frequently accessed data.
- Up to 128GB of dual-channel DDR4-5000 (OC) memory can be installed across four slots.
Designed for Durability
- A stainless steel shield reinforces the PCIe connectors, providing extra strength to support heavy graphics cards.
- The memory slots include stainless-steel shielding, which is designed to prevent bending, twisting, and distortion in addition to protecting against possible electrostatic interference.
- Solid plated ATX 24-pin and 8-pin power connectors deliver a stable power supply to key components.
- With the Q-Flash Plus feature, you can update the BIOS without having to install a CPU or video card. Simply copy the new BIOS file to a USB flash drive, insert it into the designated port, then press the Q-Flash button.
- The Z490 AORUS ULTRA features a digital PWM controller and DrMOS with 12+1 power stages that can handle up to 660A of current total.
- A double copper layer PCB design efficiently delivers power to critical components at lower temperatures.
NVIDIA SLI / AMD CrossFireX Support
- The Realtek ALC1220-VB audio codec provides vibrant 7.1-channel surround sound to your speakers.
- 120 dBA headphone SNR.
- 110 dBA microphone SNR.
- High-grade capacitors are used for feedback signal processing.
- The DTS:X Ultra codec realistically recreates spatial audio experiences for games using almost any headphone of speaker set.
- The 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet port provides a fast network connection with high-speed data transfers using compatible devices.
- Built-in 802.11ax dual-band Wi-Fi transfers up to 2.4 Gb/s of data over compatible wireless networks.
- The cFosSpeed network traffic management application to automatically allocate bandwidth so that the highest network priority goes to games or specified applications.
- Bluetooth 5 offers a faster transmission rate and 4X the range of Bluetooth 4.2.
USB 3.2 Gen 2
RGB Fusion 2.0 Lighting
Gigabyte Z490 AORUS ULTRA Specs
|CPU Socket||LGA 1200|
|USB||1 x USB 3.1 / USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C
3 x USB 3.1 / USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A
2 x USB 3.1 / USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A
4 x USB 2.0 Type-A
|Display||1 x HDMI 1.4|
|Audio||5 x 3.5 mm
1 x S/PDIF
|Ethernet / Controller||1 x Intel 2.5Gigabit|
|Wi-Fi Antenna||2 x Connector|
|Memory Slots||4 x 288-Pin|
|Memory Support||DDR4 2133, 2400, 2666, 2800, 2933, 3000, 3200, 3300, 3333, 3400, 3466, 3600, 3666, 3733, 3800, 3866, 4000, 4133, 4266, 4300, 4400, 4500, 4600, 4700, 4800, 4933, 5000 MHz|
|Maximum Capacity||128 GB|
|Channel Architecture||Dual Channel|
|ECC Support||Non-ECC, ECC (Non-ECC Mode) Unbuffered|
|SATA||6 x SATA III|
|M.2||2 x M Key 2242, 2260, 2280, 22110 (PCIe 3.0 x2, PCIe 3.0 x4, SATA (Unspecified))
1 x M Key 2242, 2260, 2280, 22110 (PCIe 3.0 x2, PCIe 3.0 x4)
|Optane Memory Support||Yes|
|RAID Support||RAID 0, 1, 5, 10|
|Expansion Slots||1 x PCIe 3.0 x16 (x16 mode)
1 x PCIe 3.0 x16 (x8 mode)
1 x PCIe 3.0 x16 (x4 mode)
2 x PCIe 3.0 x1
|USB||1 x USB 3.1 / USB 3.2 Gen 2 Header (Supports 1 USB Type-C Port)
1 x USB 3.1 / USB 3.2 Gen 1 Header (Supports 2 USB Type-A Port)
2 x USB 2.0 Header (Supports 4 USB Type-A Port)
|Multi-GPU Support||2-Way, Quad-GPU NVIDIA SLI
2-Way, Quad-GPU AMD CrossFireX
|Air Cooling||1 x 4-Pin CPU
4 x 4-Pin System
2 x 4-Pin Assistant
1 x Noise Sensor
2 x Thermal Sensor
1 x Noise Sensor
|Liquid Cooling||1 x 4-Pin Pump|
|Power Connectors||1 x 24-Pin Mainboard
1 x 8-Pin ATX
1 x 4-Pin ATX
|LED Header||4 x RGB|
|Audio||1 x Speaker|
|Diagnostics||Clear CMOS, Flash BIOS|
|Add-On||2 x Thunderbolt Card Header|
|I/O Connection Headers||AAFP, USB 3.1 / USB 3.2 Gen 1, USB 3.1 / USB 3.2 Gen 2|
|Audio Codec||Realtek ALC1220-VB (7.1-Channel)|
|Wi-Fi||Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) (MU-MIMO)|
|Supported Operating Systems||Windows 10 (64-Bit)|
|Dimensions||12.01 x 9.61" / 30.5 x 24.4 cm|
|Package Weight||4.79 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||13.7 x 11.6 x 3.4"|