Alphacool Heatmaster II
The new generation of cooling controller from Alphacool: The Heatmaster II. The new Alphacool Heatmaster II was developed in Germany over multiple years, and has continuously been improved considering the experiences from the first version. Hence we are now, after a development and testing period of almost 3 years, able to present the best Heatmaster of all times!
The new generation of cooling controller from Alphacool: The Heatmaster II
The new Alphacool Heatmaster II was developed in Germany over multiple years, and has continuously been improved considering the experiences from the first version. Hence we are now, after a development and testing period of almost 3 years, able to present the best Heatmaster of all times!
The whole manufacturing process is done in Germany, ensuring highest quality of manufacturing and stringent quality control.
Alphacools Heatmaster 2 board is more than just a simple control and monitoring unit. It is the central component for a multitude of optional expansions and possibilities, some of which are already available and many are currently being developed! With this controller module you are making a step towards the future!
NOTE: This controller can handle 30w per channel! This means the unit can control all laing pumps DDC1 and + and the D5 on each channel!
The unit draws power via the proven and reliable 4-Pin Molex power connection to the computers PSU. Simply connect a 4-Pin PSU connector the board and the unit can be started up!
The data transfer from and to the Heatmaster respectively the corresponding software is achieved via an internal USB connection cable. It is extremely important to ensure the right polarity of this connection to prevent damage to your hardware or Heatmaster. More information is provided in the Operating manual on page 10.
6 individual channels allow connection, control and monitoring of a large number of fans. Each channel can put out up to 10W of power, hence even allowing multiple fans to be connected (depending on the fan type).
Pumps / flow rate sensors:
3 additional channels allow connection of multiple fans or also flow rate sensors. The sensor can be monitored with the Heatmaster II. Control of the pumps is also possible by connecting the optionally available analogue adaptor (not included) parallel to a fan channel. In this configuration the 10W limit must still be observed. By adaptation it is possible to connect a wide array of pumps and flow rate sensors.
Pumps and flow rate sensors known to be compatible:
- EK-DCP 2,2 /4,0
- Laing DDC-1T / Laing DDC-1T Plus ( requires active cooling) (as well as the RT models)
- Phobya DC12-220/260/400
Please note that the Alphacool pump adaptor may be needed for some models!
Flow rate sensors
- Bach DFS 1/25io
- Some Digmesa DF sensors
- GMR DF Sensor including electronics
- Innovatek FlowMeter
Additional features, connectable via connection array / pin strip:
- HM BUS
- Emergency shutdown
- PC shutdown
- Up to 6 temperature sensors can be connected, resistance 5k Ohm or 10k Ohm
- Water level sensor compatibility
- LED 1: Silent alarm
- LED 2: Alarm
- LED 3: Warning
- Up to 3 relays can be connected, switching current up to 80mA max
- Up to three buttons can be connected
- Heatmaster Reset
- 5V Stan-by operation
- 12V and 5V sockets for external devices
More information about the individual features ist listed in the operating manual on pages 7ff
The centerpiece for monitoring and setup of the Heatmaster II is the software. Here a list of some oft he features:
- Different presets can be opened at any time
- Fan control in multiple modes
- Actions triggered by temperature of flow rates
- Display configuration
- Alarm settings, e.g. in case of low coolant level
- Monitoring of relative values, e.g. water to air
- Automatic relay control and programs
Details in the operating manual on pages 18ff!
Minimum system requirements:
CPU: 500 MHz or better, recommended 1000 MHz
RAM 512 MB
50 - 100 MB HDD space
Windows XP Service Pack 3, Windows Vista, Windows 7.
Windows 98 SE, Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 with limitations.
- Dimensions: 144 x 108 x 20mm
- Weight:approx. 202g
- Current draw: max. 5A
- Power connector: 4 Pin Molex
- Fan channel power output: 10W max. per channel.
- Total power output: max. 60W total
- Relay channel power output: max. 5W per relay
- Fan channels: 6
- Fan connectors: 3 Pin
- Pump/ flow rate sensor channels: 3
Declaration of compliance:
Declaration of compliance with CE regulations:
The product has been developed and tested following the harmonized European standards EN 55014-1 and EN 61000-6-3. The product fulfills all requirements of the EG directive 2004/108/EG on electromagnetic compatibility and hence carries the CE label.
All part and components of the Heatmaster II conform with RoHS regulations
WEEE / ElektroG
Extent of delivery:
- 1x Alphacool Heatmaster 2
- 4x Temperature sensors with approx.. 50cm cable
- 1x internal 4-Pin USB connection cable
- 1x Jumper
- 1x Mounting material
- 1x Quick guide (GER, EN, FR)